Monday 5 July 2010

You Can Be Thin!

Yesterday I discovered a book on my bookshelf that I had purchased from Amazon many many months ago, although had never gotten around to reading it. As I was feeling in a 'let's give it a try' mood, I took the book outside, and read the entire thing cover to cover - whilst getting sun burnt in the process!

The book was called 'You Can Be Thin' by Marisa Peer. As far as NLP / Hypnosis weight loss books go, I have to say, it was a really good read, well it must of been for me to actually refuse to put it down until it was finished! Not something I would tend to do with any book.

As with most things, there were some ideas I took on board, and some I did not. Hey, coaching is all about personal choice. The main thing is to make those choices right for you, in order for you to move forward towards your goal(s).

As I got towards the back, I discovered (to my utter surprise) that included was a Hypnosis CD which amused me as I hadn't actually realise it came with one when I purchased the book, nor did it occur to me whilst I was reading it!

As it was inappropriate to listen to the CD that evening, I made the decision to give it it's first airing in the car the following morning on the way to work, which is of course what I did.

The content of the CD, i.e. the actual 'script' she used was something I could work with. I have another hypnosis mp3 track which I totally love (75p from Amazon download, Donna Harvey, very highly recommend!) so I have had previous experience on what I personally look out for with these things.

Despite the content being great, I have to say her voice actually didn't sit too well with me. Personally I wasn't convinced that her style of hypnosis (i.e. what tone of voice to use and which words to emphasise) was going to work for me. I listened to the CD a couple of times, but my gut was telling me that the words were fine, I just needed someone else speaking them.

Enter Helen B and her wonderful 8 Track! I'll talk more about the 8 track in another post, but suffice to say, when you want something doing, do it yourself! I initially sat on the sofa this evening, listening to the CD whilst typing out her script. I also added a few things of my own, and made the 'imagine you're at your ideal weight' bit much more personal and relative to me.

In my mind, I had come to the conclusion that I wanted to use this more as a Tony Robbins pep talk, not a lay on your back in a darkened room whilst I 'go under' (I have one of those already, which works, so I didn't need another one). So taking out the beginning and end hypnosis bit, I added my own introduction and ending.

After 'my' script had been worked out, I went upstairs and pressed record.

The whole track is about 22 minutes long, and I am really quite impressed by it. The proof of course will be in the pudding when I put it on in the car in the morning on my way to work (I have approx 30 minute journey so listening to the whole thing start to finish wont be a problem). It will be a bit weird listening to myself just talking (I'm used to hearing me singing, not talking!), but what I am trying to do is give myself a motivational pep talk to keep me focused on my goal of losing weight.

As I have said the content itself is great. Lots of visualisations and positive suggestions, so as long as I can stand listening to my own voice (may be tricky, I'm not usually that way inclined!), then I should be setting myself up for success city!

As far as today goes, I feel much better for eating less than I usually do, and I can really feel the difference in having water and not alcohol this evening!

Today has been a really good positive day. It should be easy and straight forward to keep up with this momentum now, and with my own pep talk CD (in addition to the hypnosis MP3 track I'll listen to before bed) I should be losing weight in no time at all :D

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, I was wondering if i could have a copy of the donna weight loss hypnosis mp3 you have? I wouldn't ask if it was 75p but it is £7 on amazon.Thankyou

    ReplyDelete