Thursday 8 July 2010

General Review

I promised myself that I would (or rather should) be waiting until Monday before getting onto the scales to view my progress. However, after waking up from a dream last night where I was actually weighing myself, I am afraid to say I went into automatic pilot and hopped onto the scales.

The results were, in all honesty, a little bit of a shock. Long story short, I have lost 8lbs, and I still have 4 days to go before 'official' weigh in. Jeepers Creepers!

It's funny because if truth be told, I wouldn't say that I was 'on a diet'. What I would say is that I am fully embracing changing my old eating habits, and learning new healthier ones. I am psychologically conditioning myself to listen to my body, to know when it's full, to not be afraid to leave things on my plate!

I've been telling myself since Day One that I am getting slimmer and leaner, and yesterday, looking in the mirror, I actually started to believe it. Not drastically, but enough to confirm to me that what I am doing is absolutely right for me.

Believe me, when you are at a size I am, looking in the mirror at an 'all of a sudden' slightly lighter you, boy there isn't a feeling on this plant that could match it! there really isn't! I do chuckle at myself, if I am like this now, imagine what I am going to be like when I have lost ALL my excess weight!!

I remember last year when I was on Slimming World, and was having similar success. I remember that things were starting to become 'bigger' as I was getting smaller. The bathtub, sofas, car seats, my knickers! Although I never did come close to my goal weight, I did however feel leaner, more like a stick insect, less like a weeble (is the only way I can think of to describe it!)

I've longed for months to get 'that feeling' back, and not feel so bloated and rotund. The great thing is at the moment I can actually feel each pound as it drops, and even though I am not there yet, I am already looking into the future. I'm looking forward to getting back into my cute colourful knickers, as opposed to the monstrosities that I 'have' to wear at the moment (which this morning seem to be coming more and more up my waist! hurrah!!). I'm looking forward to getting back into more summary clothes, and being able to actually wear my entire wardrobe, not just the 'fat' parts of it!

I'm starting to really look forward to the cruise again. Yesterday I went online and went window shopping for evening gowns and cocktail dresses, because yes, suddenly the possibilities of me actually wearing garments so stunning has suddenly increased ten fold! Amazing!

If you are sitting there saying to yourself, hang on a minute steady on there girl you've only lost 8lbs, I think you are getting carried away with yourself! My response would be stop being so British! When you get success, no matter how big or small, you enjoy it for all it's worth! Why can't you enjoy it? For me, I am enjoying 'the process. By actually seeing the results I am wanting, it's making me not only jump up and down at my success, but also it's increasing my enjoyment of the whole process!

Because my enjoyment of the process is getting stronger, and I am certain that by continuing along this path I will see the results I am looking for, I KNOW that in four months time there will be no other outcome than that of me being my goal weight, and wearing those evening gowns, cocktail dresses and bikinis.

Now that really is something worth smiling about :D

No comments:

Post a Comment