Monday 26 July 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Day 1

As with most things, it starts with 'I have a dream', and that dream always has been weight related. Sometimes this 'dream' was forgotten, and life, complete with unhealthy eating, drinking, and little or no exercise continued.

As summer got into full swing, suddenly things started to become more 'uncomfortable'. Clothes, the heat, the sheer act of moving, all became hard work. So what do you do? sit there and take your beatings? Tell yourself that this is how it is, this is how it always has, and will always be?

Really?

For those who believe this is my chosen fate, well, then I am afraid you don't know me at all. But you will, I promise you that.

When life gets so psychologically painful, and you are about as low as you have ever been, remember; this is your brain telling you that something is seriously wrong, and it is already looking for answers as to how to rectify the problem! It really is! All you have to do is give your brilliant mind a helping hand and start taking positive actions, no matter how small!

So the dream transforms itself into 'the plan' - and this now becomes the start of my own story.

I am forever 'starting' weight loss regimes, maybe go about a week, see fantastic results, and then celebrate my success by undoing all my previous hardwork. Bit silly really.

So what makes this time around so different? For well over a year, I have had this plan about publically recording my weight loss progress via diaries on youtube, so not only can everyone see the results I am achieving, but also makes me publically acountable. Now, there is one thing saying this, it is totally different doing it! After all this time just 'talking' about it, and recording the odd diary but not actually uploding it, yesterday I finally followed through, and have my first diary uploaded in the public domain (scary stuff!).

That's number one. Secondly, yesterday I dug out my old routine schedule, made a couple of tweaks so that it was relevant for what I enjoy doing right now in my life and have vowed to follow it to the letter. It will be interesting to see what results I do get from it as I have never actually followed through with the whole seven days.

As for exercise (which is also including in the overall routine I will be following), I will be doing both Rosemary conellys 28 day inch loss plan - following the exercises for each day only, not the the diet, doing the exercise routines as set out on the biggest loser for both the Nintendo Wii & Ds, and if that wasn't enough, I will also be recording my progress vie My Health Coach, also on the Ds. The latter focuses more on encouraging you to walk more as a safe and easy way to exercise, and to be perfectly honest it adds a little more variety (which I love!).

This morning, the routine appears to be going rather well. I woke up at 6am (with the alarm), have taken my tablet, recorded my starting weight and have done both RC's and Ds exercise routines.

The overall plan is to not only blog on here every day recording my progress, but to also record a little snippet each evening as to how each day has gone on the web cam, then combine the weeks recordings together, adding in the starting weight clip (recorded this morning) and offical weigh in clip (to be recorded Saturday) to make the final video which will be uploaded onto Youtube Saturday afternoon.

Right, that's more or less it from me until this evening! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment