Wednesday 28 July 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Day Three

Well, we'll start with a brief review on yesterday's progress.

Food wise, I kept telling myself that I had done terribly! But in fact, when I sat and thought about what I had actually eaten, it really wasn't that bad at all.
Poached egg on toast for breakfast (yes with butter), tuna on an oatmeal roll (no butter, but salad cream on the tuna), and a jacket potato with cheese & ham for dinner (this was the most calorific meal of the day). The problem is that I am simply not used to eating breakfast, and doing so completely threw me off balance!

I made a real effort to drink more water yesterday with great success. By the end of the day, I was headache free!

As it is my day off today, last night I decided to have a little bit of a lay in as a treat. Instead of setting the alarm at 6am, I set it a 7am! Hey, I have to start thinking 7am as a lay in now! Upon rising this morning, I automatically had the attitude that todays exercise session was going to be a bit of a flop / just going through the motions. I was extremely tired and not really in the mood for it - it is these times when you really do need to go on automatic pilot.

First off, I had my tablet, then sat down for a few minutes whilst mind & body came to life a little more. I then got up, and began my exercise routine. I started with a little warm up, then went straight onto toning exercises as I 'couldn't be bothered' jumping around to do the cardio stuff.

Whilst doing the toning stuff, I did notice that not only was I automatically increasing the number of reps per exercise, but I was starting to feel a little tighter, leaner and my flexibility was coming back! I've always been quite a flexible person, but since gaining so much weight again, that flexibility had gone out the window!

After I had finished toning my arms, legs & abs, I then decided to have a bash at walking on the treadmill again, so at least I could say that I had done some Cardio this morning! Grabbing my headphones & mp3 player, I put on my 'motivational talk', and as I know this lasts 22 minutes, I told myself I wouldn't get off until the track had finished.

As it turns out, I actually did 32 minutes of walking in the end because when the talk had finished, I thought, ah go on, I'll stay on for a couple of songs and then get off. The first song played was Perfect Day from the Legally Blonde soundtrack (by Hoku I think), which spurred me on so much I upped the speed a bit!

When I eventually got off the machine, me and my legs felt as light as a feather! Honestly, I came off, and after a second or two of adjusting to solid ground, I felt quite light and bouncy. I've not felt like this since the last time I started to exercise regularly!

So really, three days in, and I really do think I can feel improvements already. It isn't physically visable results yet (I'm not that nieve to think it would be!), but psychologically / emotionally I really am feeling the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment