Thursday 12 August 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Day Sixteen

Ok so bright side, I haven't obsessed over the scales yet and my eating habits are starting to evolve into something a little more sensible. Not perfect, but I'm getting there.

I'm fully aware that exercise has lapsed over the past couple of days, however, and I'm not really sure how much of an excuse this is, but I've not been feeling 100% health wise, I think I have a summer cold or something. Anyway, the combination of headaches, sore throats, nausea, dizzy spells, and the occasional all over shivers and lack of a proper nights sleep are quite enough for me to call a stop to my workout and rest.

I did some work in our front garden yesterday. Basically before we moved it was all covered in shingle, and I am trying to removed the shingle, and the matting they placed underneath it, and break up the soil so it looks like soil and not solid concrete, which is not an easy job when you are doing it on your own.

Anyway, several wheel barrels full of shingle later, I had to stop as I was literally feeling like I was going to pass out. Now, I know I'm not fit by any stretch of the imagination, but I am not that unfit! I've shovelled that shingle plenty times before, and yes got a bit hot and sweaty, but other than that I was fine. But yesterday, was completely different.

This morning, same story again, bad nights sleep, have woken up all bunged up and headachey and as I have said, some completely 100%. So as you have guessed it, no exercise this morning.

That being said, I am absolutely desperate to get back on the tread mill and do something, so I have made my mind up that tonight after work, I will do some treadmill stuff, even if it is just a much slower walking pace than I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment