Wednesday 4 August 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Day Ten

I still can't believe I am ten days in and still going strong! Just have to keep up the focus and this momentum and fingers crossed I'll be seeing good results by Monday.

It was a bit of an odd (and long!) day yesterday which is why I have 'skipped' a day as far as the blog is concerned.

However, that being said, I am please to report that not only did I do my toning exercises, I also did 30 minutes walking on the treadmill and a further 15 minutes using the strider.

Food wise, well I ate only very slightly more than was intended, and instead of having soup as planned for dinner, I ended up having a cheese & pepperoni sandwich with a can of Sprite. I know, before you all start bashing me over the head, I know that was completely the wrong thing to have. The real problem was that I developed a negative state last night, and food is the comfort for me. Whilst I was eating dinner I was thinking I shouldn't be having this, and worse still afterwards my insides felt terrible. I no longer had the light and floaty feelings I had throughout the course of the day - so much for not eating bread anymore! I will get there, this is just going to take a bit more time to adjust than anticipated.

So what should I have done last night? Well, instead of reaching for the fridge (when I could have actually skipped dinner as I wasn't hungry at all!), I should have reached for a pen and paper. As I know I am an emotional eater, I have developed a sheet for me to fill in for whenever I find myself in a negative state. Essentially I write down what the mood is, what the situation was that triggered it, what the real cause is etc. The point is to identify the 'mood', and try to reverse it with good old fashioned logical thinking. The theory being, by reasoning myself out of a negative state will help prevent me from going into the kitchen every time things don't entirely go my way. Would have been great yesterday, if only I had the form to hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment