Tuesday 31 August 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Day Thirty Five

Another August Bank Holiday has come and gone, and yet another excuse to pig out and drink to high heaven all for the sake of a good time...... Or so you would have thought.

'Routine' was totally thrown out of the window with gay abandon, no CD, no (not so yet) friendly mirror, no consciously eating, no exercise and yes alcohol was involved every single day.

Sounds like I completely lost control of my senses doesn't it? And yet upon creeping onto those nasty scales hidden behind the TV just to 'check' the damage. Nothing. No change. They neither went up or down from the last time I hopped on. I'm still 6lbs down from starting weight!

How in the heck did I get away with it then!!? In order to see where it could have gone wrong, and didn't - Let's look at the evidence:

Saturday: Spent 4 hours doing garden things - mainly laying turf and digging flowers in my freshly dug boarder (looking fab!!). Had a chip butty for lunch (I don't think I have ever had a chip butty in my life, but just fancied one!). No butter on the bread, and the chips were dried cooked in the oven. After a nice relaxing soak in the bath, had a late dinner which consisted of a small minted lamb steak and roast potatoes (obviously craved the carbs that day), and a couple of glasses of whiskey and ginger ale

Sunday: Day at my mothers, who did the usual large array of food items for lunch - choice on the menu, marinated chicken, 2 lots of pork (medallions, and some flavoured variety), sausages (yes I know that's pork too!) potatoes, veg, etc etc. Before commencing the 'help yourself' buffet, I changed the size of my plate from the large dinner plate, to a large tea plate. I had 1 sausage, 1 pork thing and a spoonful of potatoes. My thinking was I'll have a small amount first, and if I was still hungry afterwards I'd go back for seconds. Had 1 glass of red wine with dinner, followed by about three glasses of water (not intentional, just after the wine and the pork just 'felt' like I needed water.

In the end, no I didn't have seconds. I didn't even feel like pudding either as I was full enough! For supper, again the usual buffet spread of cheese, ham, chicken, crisps, bread etc was offered. I chose a small bun first, cut a slice of cheese, then spilt that in half and put it on the bread (no butter). Also had a packet of crisps and a glass of red wine. When I finished the supper, I fancied some more, so had another small roll, but this time had a slice of ham cut into 2 and half the ham on each half of bread. Was quite full after that!!

Monday: second day of visiting, but this time other halfs side. Picked up his nan first, where we stopped for a cup of tea (1 sugar only, usually have 2), and a slice of batten burg. Made our way over to his mothers, dinner consisted of steamed carrots, green beans, potatoes, and 2 grilled pork. Ok, so I could have done without the 2nd piece of pork, but this is mother-in-laws for goodness sake! haven't quite worked out how to reduce portion sizes over there yet. Oh, and we had a small Gin & Tonic with dinner. For pudding, we had an oyster shell!! (oyster shell shaped wafer, end dipped in chocolate and coconut, inside was a little marsh mellow, you basically open it up, add a little ice cream, close it back up again and eat - a weekend full of firsts for me!).

For supper, mother-in-law also did a buffet 'help yourself' spread. Was a bit sneaky here, took 1 slice of bread, cut it into 4 slices so make essentially what was half a sandwich. Gave into temptation and had a another slice of bread and did the same thing. So what was that, basically a sandwich then! (again no butter). For pudding we had a Victoria sponge. Now I was again a little sneaky here, the way his dad managed to cut it meant there was one piece far smaller than the other three, so I grabbed that one up quick!

This may not make too much sense, but even though I had a devil may care attitude over my eating habits the pass few days, I was still unconsciously very much in control (so it would seem!!). I have navigated my way around this bank holiday and come out the other end victorious!!

Now I can get back on track (so to speak). Focus today is to get back on the treadmill, back in front of the mirror and back listening to the CD. According to the success journal I have a weigh in at the end of the week, and you know what, I know for a fact I'll be over that half a stone mark, that's just a foregone conclusion. What I'm interested in now is just how close to the stone mark I can make it? ooooooo exciting stuff!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment